Extra gear for comfort
Some extra gear can make for a fun and memorable bushwalk – these items will add extra weight, so choose wisely!
- Camera – for taking photos of the group or wildlife.
- Binoculars – for examining the landscape or wildlife.
- Cooking equipment (billy and stove) or thermos – for that nice cuppa half way through the walk.
- Foam mat to sit on at lunch – can make the lunch stop a bit more comfortable.
- Cards – for entertainment on the way home or over lunch.
- Spare clothes and snacks for journey home (to leave in car).
- Walking poles – some people find these ease the pressure on the knees (particularly on steep sections).
- Notebook & pencil – useful to take down numbers and details of the group or for use in an unexpected situation.
- Swimmers & towel – if the walk goes near a nice swimming hole!
- Pack cover – protects against rain.
- Gaiters & gloves – additional protective clothing.
- Lip balm – to prevent lips getting chapped.
Download our Day Walk Gear Checklist.